How to change flights on Alaska Airlines?
Alaska Airlines provides you with a warm welcome to travel with them. It is an easy and hassle-free process to plan a trip with Alaska airlines. Busy with urgent work that has come up suddenly and wish to change flights on Alaska Airlines. Here is what you need to know to make changes to your booking.
Alaska Airlines Flight Change Policy
You need to be aware of specific rules and regulations to change flights. Alaska has three different kinds of fares: Saver fares, Main fares, and First class fares. The policies of these are different.
- Saver Fares
Saver fares have the cheapest fares to book any flight. They are not eligible for any type of changes either in name, date, or destination. To make any changes, you will have to cancel and rebook. And to get the refund for the saver flight, you must cancel before 24 hours of booking.
- Main and First Class Fares
- Unless it is a same-day departure, you can cancel and make changes to your flight for free.
- You must pay the fare difference if applicable in case of a date change or rescheduling the flight. If the new flight costs less, you will receive a refund through the payment source.
- In case of a same-day Alaska Airlines flight change, you will have to pay $25 to $50; but there won't be any difference charges. The origin and destination, and layovers must be the same.
- You cannot change the flight if any third-party system has made the booking. To make any changes, in that case, you will have to contact the third party who will have to do it for you.
Steps to change a flight on Alaska Airlines
You can change your flight with Alaska Airlines online as well as offline. The Online process is as follows.
- Log in to the Alaska Airlines official website.
- Click on "manage" on the homepage.
- Enter Passenger's last name and the confirmation code available on the e-ticket.
- If unable to do so, sign in using your user id and password.
- Click on Continue.
- On the new redirected page. Click on ‘Upcoming Trips’ and select ‘change reservation.’
- Select the booking you wish to make changes for.
- Make the necessary changes and press continue.
- You will then reach a new page where you can select the new flight available according to your convenient time. Any price difference will be displayed on the right side of the page.
- Click on "Checkout" and confirm the changes you have made.
- Check out the email address for the airlines to send you the changed reservation.
Apart from the online process, you can also opt for other offline processes to make changes. The Offline process is as follows.
- Log in to the official website of Alaska airlines.
- Scroll down the homepage.
- Click on the option for Mobile, and dial the Alaska Airlines Flight change phone number 1-800-252-7522 to get connected with their support.
- On the call, follow the IVR instructions.
- Choose your preferred language and pay attention to the menu provided by Alaska Air.
- Press the required number to talk to an agent. Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- You will get connected to the Alaska Airlines Customer Service Executive r, an agent who will further help you with the change flight process.
How much does it cost to change a flight on Alaska Airlines
To make changes in your booking with Alaska airlines, you must have a Main or first class fare ticket. For any other type of ticket, you can not make any changes. Having a Main or First class fare ticket, a minimal charge is applied, which is $25 - $50. There would not be any extra charges except for the fare difference, if applicable.
To know more about How much does it cost to change a flight on Alaska Airlines, contact customer support. Changing flights with Alaska airlines is very smooth and customer-friendly. Yet if you need any further assistance, Alaska is always available at your fingertips to help you.
Disclaimer: Allairtrip.com is an independent travel website with no third party association. Content, brand name using in the website is information purpose only. By using Allairtrip.com,you agree that this website is not accountable for any loss - direct or indirect, arising of offers etc.