How to change name on Air France ticket?
Air France wishes to make the travel experience of their passengers trouble-free. In case of a mistake made in the name, the airlines allow them to make the rectification easily as long as the passengers have followed the procedures and rules mentioned in Air France. The passengers can also upgrade their name in the mid-flight if required or necessary. The process of change name on Air France ticket is stress-free and costs minimal to the passengers. Still, it's always important to get all the information about the process and rules before making the necessary changes to the passenger's name. Let's understand the name change policy, process, and the charges that are required to be paid by the passengers.
Air France Name Change Policy
- As per the rules mentioned in the name change policy of Air France, the airlines allow the passengers to change the spelling of their name or the middle and surname and the combination. However, some additional pieces of information are required to be known by the passengers.
- As per the 24 hours name change policy of the airlines, if the passengers make the Air France change name on ticket within 24 hours of the reservation, in that case, they can make the changes in their name for free.
- The airline doesn't allow the passengers to change the complete name in the flight ticket, except under legal circumstances as flight tickets are non-transferable.
- If the passengers need to change the ownership of their flight ticket, in that case, they have to proceed with the cancellation and then reebok the flight in the name of the other person.
- The passengers' first and last names must be the same as mentioned in their passport at the time of making the reservation and ticket purchase.
- Middle names are not required to be mentioned in your flight ticket while traveling within Europe. If the passengers wish to add the middle name, they are required to mention it in the correct order as it appears on their photo ID if they are included in the flight ticket.
- The passengers can make changes in their flight ticket up to 24 hours before the flight's scheduled departure for domestic and international flights.
- If the passengers have to make minor spelling changes to their names, only a minimum name correction fee will be charged.
If the passengers must make changes in their name due to marriage or divorce, they must give the supporting documents.
- Marriage certificates
- Divorce decree
- Court Order
- Legal affidavit for the name change
- For the name changes in general circumstances, the necessary documents are required. Date of birth, title, and gender.
- The airline doesn't allow the passengers to make the changes in their name within 24 hours of the flight departure.
- If the passenger has made the online check-in, in that case, they are not allowed to make the changes in their name after the online check-in.
Air France Name Change process
- Get onto the airline's official website and proceed towards the 'Manage Booking' section.
- Click on the 'Manage Booking' option and fill out the credentials like the PNR number as well as the last name of the passengers to proceed further.
- After getting onto the available flight page, select your flight and get on the page where all your flight details are mentioned.
- Click on the change option and make the correction and modification that you wish to make in your name on the flight ticket.
- Once you have filled in all the details to rectify your name, get onto the payment page.
- Follow the on-screen process through which you are required to make the payment of your flight ticket charges.
- Once the process is completed, you'll receive the confirmation in your email as well as in text.
How much does it cost to change name on Air France?
It usually costs between between $20-$50; the Air France name change fee may change according to the situation. The passenger will not be charged for making any changes in their flight within 24 hours of the booking.
For any further help and information, visit the official website of the airlines, or connect with the customer service executive to have the most reliable solution and step-by-step assistance. You'll find the contact us page on the airline's official website.
Disclaimer: Allairtrip.com is an independent travel website with no third party association. Content, brand name using in the website is information purpose only. By using Allairtrip.com,you agree that this website is not accountable for any loss - direct or indirect, arising of offers etc.
Leave a comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *