How to change name in Air India ticket?
Made a mistake while booking your ticket in your name? Air India needs you to travel with your correct name as in the valid government id proof. If in case, you have made any mistake while filling your credential in to book your ticket, you can change your name on the Air India ticket. If your name on the ticket doesn’t match the name on your passport, driving license, pan card, etc., you won't be allowed to board the flight. Air India allows you to make minor changes in your name to match it with your valid government id proof. To make any corrections, there are specific measures you must fulfill. To know these policies and the process to change your name, go through the content given below, in which all the required information is provided.
Name change policy of Air India
To make changes in the name of your flight ticket Air India, you must know the policies you should know. The name change process in Air India is not displeasing. To change your name on Air India flight ticket online, read the following given guidelines:
- A name change is allowed only once per ticket on Air India Dial 1-802-636-9419. You can avail of the name change benefit for once.
- Changes related to gender and date of birth are not allowed. Changes related to the travel date, payment class, origin, and destination point are also not allowed.
- Only minor name changes up to three characters are free. The charges are not much.
- If you wish to elaborate on your initials or want to interchange your first and last name, you can do it through a Customer service executive without having to pay any extra charges.
- The charges to make changes in your name also depend on the type of ticket and time left for the scheduled departure of the booked ticket.
- To make any changes, you will have to provide valid documents.
Steps to change the name on Air India ticket
After getting to know about the Air India Name Change Policy, now the process must be known to you to do the same. To change the name in your bookings, go through the following steps.
- Get into the official website of Air India https://www.airindia.in/.
- Log in using your username and password.
- Click on the “Manage Booking” option on the homepage.
- Enter your booking reference id and last name to get your ticket.
- Click on the flight ticket you need to make changes.
- Click on Edit. You will be allowed to make any three changes. Itinerary details, Flight details, or personal details. Skip directly to change personal details.
- Make the necessary changes and click on “Confirm.”
- Make the payment if required and confirm the changes you are willing to make in your ticket.
- You will receive a confirmation by email and SMS regarding the changes you have made.
- The newly booked ticket will be received at the registered email address.
How much does Air India charge to change name on ticket?
Name changes at times are much more pricy than the tickets. To avoid this hike in price, it is generally advised to make sure that the names or other detail you enter while booking your tickets must be appropriately noted. But still, at times, we make mistakes and fail to give proper attention to what is required. To make changes in the name of your air India flight ticket, the process and policy are already mentioned above. To know How much does Air India charge to change the name on the ticket read the next given paragraph.
Though many flights have sky-rocketing name change fees, Air India is a very pocket-friendly airline in this matter. If you have made the bookings really early, you can make changes for free 7 days before the prior date of departure. If you make it after the said time, you may be charged between $30 to $70 to change your name on the Air India ticket. The change fee is cheap compared to many other flights. But make sure you come under the eligibility to make changes to your flight.
For further assistance related to any change process or policy, get in touch with Customer Service or visit the official website of Air India.
Can I change passenger name on Air India ticket?
Yes, you can change the passenger name on the Air India ticket, and for that, you need to contact the airline to make a correction. Correct your name’s spelling on the manage booking of Air India’s website. If you want to change the passenger name on an Air India ticket, you must be aware of the following name change policy.
- Your name on your air ticket should match your passport or valid government ID at the time of name change or correction.
- You can correct the first and last name’s spelling that must appear correctly and avoid adding a middle name.
- You can change up to three characters in your name and get the same flight ticket to travel easily.
If you want to change your name legally, you must produce valid documents to Air India, and your ticket will be re-issued with a new name for free.
Disclaimer: Allairtrip.com is an independent travel website with no third party association. Content, brand name using in the website is information purpose only. By using Allairtrip.com,you agree that this website is not accountable for any loss - direct or indirect, arising of offers etc.